Marrowell Farm Self Storage
Terms and Conditions
- The following Terms and Conditions are between Marrowell Farm Services Ltd herein called ‘The Company’ or ‘we’ and any individual or company using the facilities and services herein called ‘The Customer’ or ‘you’.
- Any variations to these Terms and Conditions must be put in writing and agreed and signed by a director of The Company to be valid.
- The Company will provide a unit by way of a licence for storage purposes only for the price agreed in the storage agreement. The Company may at anytime exclude The Customer from its premises and deny access to the unit if The Customer is in breach of the Storage Agreement or any of the Terms and Conditions.
- The Storage Agreement will commence from the date a Customer’s effects are brought into store or such earlier date may be agreed between the parties. The Company may alter the fees at anytime giving 30 days written notice although in general prices are only reviewed after the first 6 months (or 12 months if paying by Standing Order). If payments are up-to-date The Company will not end this contract expect by giving one month’s notice in writing. The Customer may end the contract by giving 7 days’ notice providing all payments are up-to-date. It is The Customers’ responsibility to ensure the unit is cleared and the padlock removed when the contract ends. If this is not done, storage charges will continue until such time as the unit is cleared and the padlock removed, any costs to clear the unit will be charged to The Customer.
- All storage must be paid monthly in advance and all other charges are due for immediate payment. If any sums due under this agreement are not paid when due, access to a unit may be denied until all outstanding amounts are paid in full. For 24 hours units this action will always be taken when payment is missed. If any sum due to The Company is still outstanding 28 days after written notice requiring The Customer to pay in full then The Company may recover possession of the unit and either move the effects to an alternative storage facility or sell or dispose of the effects. The Customer will be charged for any costs this incurs. On a sale if the amount received exceeds the outstanding sums due to The Company then the balance will be paid to The Customer. If the proceeds of the sale are insufficient to cover the amount outstanding then The Customer will remain responsible for the balance and further action may be taken to recover the amount owing.
- It is the Customer’s responsibility to advise The Company of any damage to the unit before storing any effects as any new damage incurred whilst The Customer is in store must be rectified at The Customer’s expense. An address must be provided by Customers on commencement of the contract and all correspondence will be considered as received by you seven days after sending it to the last address notified to us. If we cannot contact you we will charge you for any costs incurred in establishing your whereabouts.
- The following goods may not under any circumstances be stored on the premises: prohibited or stolen goods, drugs, pornographic material, dangerous, damaging or explosive items, these include gas bottles, aerosols, paints, firearms and ammunition, jewellery, watches, trinkets or any precious stones or metals, any goods or plants that are likely to cause infestation, perishable items or any animals, birds or fish. Refrigerators and freezers must be defrosted and cleaned. The Company has the right to refuse the storage or any goods regardless of reason. If The Company has reason to believe that any of the above items may be stored at its regardless of reason. If The Company has reason to believe that any of the above items may be stored as its premises it reserves the right to inform the relevant authorities.
- The units must not be used as living accommodation or offices or used as a mailing address. Nothing should be attached to the internal or external surfaces of the unit.
- A lock for the unit can be purchased on site or alternatively The Customer may supply their own. The Customer is solely responsible for the locking of the unit, The Company will not be held responsible for any losses where the key falls into a third parties hands including where the key is kept by The Company. Access to units may be denied to any person or Customer who is unable to provide satisfactory proof of identity.
- The Company has the right to enter the unit without permission by The Customer, breaking the padlock if necessary, and removing all or any of the effects stored in the unit for carrying out any repairs to the unit, in an emergency, for healthy and safety reasons, to prevent damage to property and to remove prohibited items if The Company is so required by any authority, court order or clause in the storage agreement. The Company is not liable for any damage to the effects stored in the unit as a result of the entry and removal unless caused by negligence of The Company. Customers must ensure they do not do anything on the premises which might cause a nuisance to The Company or its other customers.
- Access is available to The Customer during the opening hours specified at the business address. No access will be permitted outside these hours. The Company may alter the opening hours without prior notice.
- Suitable protective footwear must be worn at all times. Moving vehicles and equipment operate within and around all premises, sufficient care must be taken by those using these and by others using the premises. For this reason children under 16 are not allowed in the store area at any time and must be under adult supervision when in the offices or outside the store area.
- We shall not be liable for loss or damage caused by fire, flood, theft or explosion or malicious damage or other causes beyond out reasonable control. It is the responsibility of each customer to ensure their goods are fully insured for these risks either through our own insurers at a rate of £2.00 per month per £1000.00 sum insured or alternatively through their own arrangements. In either case a full valued inventory of effects is required. Our liability will be limited to this value whilst your effects are in sore unless we receive notification in writing requesting an increase in value. No cover for theft is provided unless there is evidence of forced entry to the unit. No cover is given for 24 hour unites and customers must make their own insurance arrangements.
- The Company occasionally makes promotional offers such at 50% off your first month’s storage or supplying a free man and van to bring customers effects into store. For all such offers the minimum storage period is 8 weeks. Where items are too heavy or difficult to lift by one man, The Customer must bring this to our attention prior to the move. The Customer has the option to pay an additional charge for extra staff or to assist our staff in loading and unloading. Where The Customer decides to assist they must satisfy themselves that they are physically capable of moving the items in question. We cannot be held responsible for any personal injury caused to The Customer nor for any damage to the items moved jointly by The Customer and our staff. We reserve the right to refuse to complete the move if our staff feel The Customer is no capable of safely loading or unloading the effects. Where a free man and van is provided our liability for any lost or damaged items is limited to £40.00 per item and a maximum of £100.00 per customer. If you require additional cover transit insurance can be provided at the rate of £50.00 per £10,000.00 of cover (on a replacement cost basis – not new for old). Minimum cover £10,000.00.